Wine and Cheese Grilled Cheese
A classic pairing of wine and cheese combined into a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
*2 slices french bread
*1-2 tbsp of butter
*1/2 of red onion (chopped)
*1 clove of garlic (minced)
*Dash of rosemary
*Dash of thyme
*3/4 cup of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
*1/2 cup of shredded Gruyere Cheese
1. In a pan on medium heat, melt butter.
2. Add onion, mixing into butter.
3. Once the onions begin the soften, add garlic, thyme and rosemary.
4. Saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Sprinkle about a tbsp of flour, mixing in.
6. Once mixed in, add wine.
7. Reduce until alcohol has burned off and the reduction is thick enough to coat a spoon. Taste reduction to ensure alcohol has burned off.
8. Spread reduction on each slice of bread/
9. Add Gruyere.
10. Butter the outside of each slice.
11. Grill in a pan on medium heat until golden brown on each side.